About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Sunday 19 August 2012

Initial Ideas Part 2

I now have several ideas for my short film but I'm not sure any of them are developed enough to span 5 minutes and still be interesting. Here is another one of my ideas (and note these titles are for reference, the finished product would be called something completely different).

The inspiration for this idea came from... Brian Griffin and Peep Show.



2. The inner mind of my dog (Dog/Peep Show/Family Guy)

Genre: Comedy

Basically, the idea is a day in the life of a dog. However, the video becomes more interesting and unique is how I plan to present this. My idea is telling the story of a dogs daily routine but in a way similar to the techniques of Peep show - this involves lots of point of view shots and using inner monologues.

Character representation
The Dog -  The dog will have a similar demeanour to the character of Brian in Family Guy. For example Brian holds extremely complex views regarding subjects such as politics and yet when he sees his reflection in the mirror he believes it's another dog. So he will be really intelligent but still hold the personality and interests of a dog, this will be expressed through the dogs inner monologue, actions and attitudes.

The owner/s - The dog would live with its owners. These characters will be totally oblivious to the dogs intelligence and treat him like a typical pet, for example talking to him in a simplified fashion and in a playful tone.

Possible problems:

  • The saying "never work with children or animals" exists for a reason. Getting the dog to do what I want to do could be challenging. 
  • I might be way off the mark and what I think comes across as funny might not to other people.  
This was one of my earlier ideas and I have gone through phases of liking and not liking it. I'm still not sure about it at the minute. I don't think I will use this idea for my final film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment