About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Story boarding - Shots 1-9

It's this time of year again. Let the story boarding begin. We started yesterday and so far I have done the opening segment where the main character walks in up until the start of the day dream. I just wanted to talk about shots 1 to 9 today due to the editing technique I plan to use with these shots.

Shot 1 is an establishing shot, the main character comes in and looks around before moving off to approach the counter. Now, between shots 2 to 9 I want to use a rapid cutting technique similar to that used in Hot Fuzz in one of the later scenes. I found a good example of this technique to better explain what I would like to create.


These fast paced shots in my sequence consist of:
  • Shot 2: The main character stepping up to the counter
  • Shot 3: A close up of his face as he is looking at the menu board. 
  • Shot 4: A medium shot of the menu board. This is following the shot/reverse shot continuity technique.  
  • Shot 5: Back to shot 3 but with him pointing at the board (signalling what he wants)
  • Shot 6: An aerial shot of the counter. The drink and money are exchanged. 
  • Shot 7: A medium long shot, the guy turns round and looks side to side for a seat.
  • Shot 8: A point of view shot from his perspective looking for a seat.
  • Shot 9: He sits at a eat and pulls out his book. 


Each of these shots will be short and quickly cut together, like the example video above. This enables me to show necessary action without it taking up the time. Over this shots there is no dialogue or soundtrack, only diegetic ambience sound from within the coffee shop . 



No comments:

Post a Comment