About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Even further film poster development

I have (roughly) decided on the final layout of my film poster and added some more features to it. Here it is:




The background of coffee beans didn't look right at all so I promptly removed it. I then moved the photo of Jacob to the side of the poster. This placement makes the poster, I feel, more interesting to look at. Having the picture at the side also leaves a fair bit of empty space where I have placed reviews (well, comments) from established sources, Total Film Magazine and Empire Magazine. The previous layout made any further text placement tricky as it just made the poster look clutered.
The new picture placement also makes the billing block stand out more. Before some of the text blended into the shirt and also made it kind of look like he had a beard at first glance. Other than the reviews text placement is still the same as my previous versions.

Old and new picture placement in regards to the billing block


The reviews are written in a generic font. I am reluctant to use Kenyan Coffee (The font 'A Sam Mortimer Film' is written in) as originally I only wanted 'Coffee' written in this as it is similar to the font used by mega coffee chain Starbucks. At the minute I think I have the right balance of that font so I don't want to add any more of it. The other font, Dandilion in the spring (One Fine, Break and the tagline are written in this) looks really informal. I will ask my peers to get some opinions from on each style. The name of the reviewers is presented as their respective logos rather than in an extra font. This enables the audience to identify the logo quickly and recognise that the review is from a credible source. It works rather well as both of the logos are red, a common colour in my poster.

So other than changing the layout my poster is relitively unchanged. I think it's nearly there. Once I have decided which font to write the reviews in it should be done.



No comments:

Post a Comment