About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Film review development

Since my post 'Film review - Let's start this thing' I have finished constructing my film review. Here it is:


What have I added?

I have added in the quotation block at the bottom of the page. The yellow text on the blue background is coherent of my chosen colour scheme; the quote is from within the review itself and is complimentary  reflecting the general tone of the review. I like having a colour scheme throughout as it gives a professional and planned look to the article. If I were producing more reviews for the same publication the colour scheme would be the same for all the reviews. I have stuck to the structure and colour scheme of the review for The Hunger Games (Ross, 2012) in Empire Magazine that I analysed in an earlier post. 

The 'verdict' box at the bottom right has been added since my last post. It gives a short, concise opinion on the film. This is designed so anyone who just wants to quickly know about the film without reading the review can get a general idea about it. Again, it is a convention of most film reviews hence I have included it. At the end of this is a star rating. I have 'awarded' my film 3 stars. This is a really hard thing to do for your own film, opinions are altered by the production process. After crafting the film for hours I don't look at it in the same way a reviewer would. In the end I chose three stars for my film. 

Another structural/graphological feature added is the black bar at the bottom of the page as well as the three dotted lines above and below the 'verdict'. These features frame the page and make it again, look more professional. 



I also, as you may have noticed, finished writing the actual review. I don't think I have altered the draft from my post "Writing the review" much, apart from adding to it. It was roughly the right size for the page so I only had to delete the odd word or replace words with contractions (such as changing "she is" to "she's"). The addition of contractions not only lowers the character count but makes the tone of the text more colloquial and less formal. I was anxious to make the text not to formal to match the tone I observed in existing reviews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment