About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Saturday 8 December 2012

(More or less) Finished edit - there's still time

Here is my film with the editing changes made. Note there is still no soundtrack and no voice over but these will be added.


I have implemented certain changes in accordance with my audience feedback, there are as follows:

Chronological scenes

The scenes are now in chronological order as if the male character was imagining a whole day rather that individual scenarios. I think this makes much more sense and it was something several people were really keen on this whereas other people didn't mind. No one thought it would be a terrible thing to do. Keeping this in mind it makes sense to me to change the order.  


Sped up car

Unfortunately I haven't been able to re-film this scene. This is due to several reasons:
The weather hasn't been the same at any time I could film so the action of the spinning into the car shot wouldn't look continuous. Availability of both the actor Jacob and the car along with someone who can drive the car has been tricky. I haven't had access to all three at once at a suitable time, even though it wouldn't take too long to do.
For these reasons I have had to make-do with the original footage. I have sped it up as much as possible with out it skipping any frames. For comedic effect having the car faster is more appropriate (if being hit by a car is ever appropriate) as the slow motion leaves time for the audience to react in horror.


Scene removal

I have removed the duck scene as it was ranked lowest by my audience. It really was a weak scene so I have no real problem about taking it out. Removing it serves the purpose of shortening the duration of my short film. 


Scene shortening 

During the dinner scene I removed the medium shot of the couple removing the chips from the bucket and emptying them on their plates. This shot had no other purpose than for continuity but I have since learned that you don't need to show every piece of action, the audience can assume what happened and the scene will still make sense. That shot was quite long and boring, so I removed it to shorten the duration and keep the scene interesting. 


After adding the music and voice over my short film will be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment