About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Friday 16 November 2012

Editing - the addition of audio.

Today I added the audio to my short film first edit. I did this using the program Garageband. For my first edit I have simply lifted the audio from my animatic and placed it over my short film. However, the animatic is shorter than my first edit. In order to compensate I added in some more music to the soundtrack. The final soundtrack will be composed by a very talented musician friend of mine.

The audio on Garageband when on my animatic.
I also had to change the timings as the scenes have ended up at different lengths to those in the animatic. I expected this, although the storyboard and animatic is a good guide to film by it is highly unlikely that the shots were every going to be identical to those planned. This is the same for the dialogue.

The ambience at the start and end of the film (set in the coffee shop) is really jumpy as it is the audio that accompanies each individual shot. What I need to do is get one long track of ambience sound to replace it with. To do this I will visit a coffee shop and just let my camera role. Then in final cut I can isolate the audio from the visuals and place it over the film, replacing the existing audio.

The addition of audio means I have finished my first edit!

No comments:

Post a Comment