About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Monday 26 November 2012

Music developments

As I have said I am getting one of my friends (Arabella) to help me compose the soundtrack for One Fine Coffee Break as I am in no way musically inclined. We had a chat about the sort of thing I am after, and after watching the first edit of my short film (with my attempt at music) she went away and put together a little composition.

We took inspiration form several sources. Firstly looking at the soundtracks from existing rom-coms.
I like this but I think my film's music has to be more upbeat, the use of the piano compliments the genre perfectly though. 


The chords in the above video are wonderful. From this I deduced that I definitely wanted a simple soundtrack. 

This is also a personal favourite of mine. Again, I love the chords in this but similarly to the other two it seems a bit depressed. 

I think Piano was also going to be a staple part of my soundtrack. It is conventional to the romance genre and is able to produce fabulously subtle tones as well as prominent emotions. However I'd like to include some guitar/strings. Something along the lines of this:



Here is what Arabella has come up with. I do really like it, with a bit of work and tailoring to fit the visuals it should work really well. Sound production is very important to any film but I feel it is especially important for my production due to the lack of dialogue. Without the characters talking the audience will rely more heavily on audio to derive meaning from the visuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment