About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Monday 5 November 2012

Editing tests

After uploading my footage onto the Apple Macs at school I was anxious to test out one scene in particular. The spinning/car scene. As I need to speed up the footage for it to work it could look strange on screen. But there's no way of knowing without trying it. So after reversing and speeding up the footage this is how it looked.


I was right. The end when Jacob is hit by the car looks really artificial. The footage is sped up to much so frames are missing making to shot look incoherent and jumpy. However, when not sped up the car doesn't move fast enough in shot to look like he is really getting hit by it. This is a dilemma. I need him to get hit at speed but I also need it to look realistic.

I thought I'd look at the footage at normal speed to see how I could improve it. This is how it looked.


I think this looks really cool. I appears as it's slow motion footage of his character being mowed down by a fast moving Peugeot. If I slow down the pace of music at this point and perhaps add in a slow motion 'argh' at the moment of impact  it will look as if it is real footage of and accident slowed down.

I'm going to ask some of my peers from my media studies class what they think before I decide what to do about the matter.


No comments:

Post a Comment