About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Saturday 24 November 2012

More first edit feedback...nearly

In one of my previous posts I said that I had conducted some more audience research. Well, I wasn't lying. I asked four members of my target audience some questions about my short film and filmed their responses. Unfortunately I currently don't have access the the footage.
Windows movie maker doesn't accept .mov files.
I did not know this, I know now. 

 But, anyhow, here are the questions and my reasons for asking them.

The questions were:

 1.       What do you think? 
I wanted to see what they initially thought straight after seeing the film. This would give me an idea if I  was asking the right people (my target audience). (And I understand that my target audience isn't "people who like my film" but it just ensures that the feedback is relevant.)

 2.       Which was your favourite scene?
As my film consist of several scenarios I was interested to see which was best received. This also gives me an indication of which to definitely not remove from the film. 

3.       The film is currently too long, which scene/scenes do you think I should take out?
This one is pretty self-explanatory. I need to decide which scene/s to remove to make sure the film doesn't exceed the 5 minute time limit. What better way to help me decide by asking my audience? This way I won't make the mistake of removing a key scene.

4.       Would it make more sense to have the clips in chronological order?
This was pointed out to me in my feedback and I hadn't considered it. It makes real sense to me as placing the scenes chronologically makes it appear as if the male character is imagining the perfect day rather than a series of random scenes. However, when sequencing the scenes I did so in this way so the interior and exterior scenes were interlaced with each other to make it more interesting and varied for the audience. So which I choose to do will heavily depend on this audience feedback.

 5.       When the male gets hit by the car, is it ok in slow motion or do you think it would be funnier if he got hit at full speed?
This has been a major cause for concern for me. I have flitted between believing it is good in slow motion to terrible at that speed. I need to get as many opinions as possible on this to help me make this decision. 

6.       Any other comments?
If there was anything I hadn't thought about or realised this was a way for me to ask my audience. It will be interesting to see what they say.


The footage will be on this blog soon, just think of it as me building suspense.

No comments:

Post a Comment