About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Sunday 18 November 2012

The First Edit

Here is the first edit of One Fine Coffee Break.


There are several things that I know I need to change:

Scenes
As I explained I have included all of my filmed scenes. Now my short film is too long as it currently falls at 6 minutes long. To make it fit within the time limit I need to remove one or two of the dream scenes. In order to determine which ones I will conduct some audience research. It will depend on which ones the audience thinks are funnier or simply which the audience prefers. 

Editing
If the removal of the dream scenes doesn't trim the duration enough I can trim some of the shots within the scenes. For example the dinner date scene is really long, I could take out some of the shots that establish what they are doing to speed up the pace of the scene. 

The car crash
I have yet to decide if I am going to re-film the car crash. I still think it looks good in slow motion. Again, I will ask my target audience what they think.

Music
The music on this edit is temporary so I need to get the real music from my composer and work with her to  tailor it to the film. 

Sound
The ambience in the coffee shop is very jumpy. I need to record some ambience sound to relay over the visuals. This should be easy enough, I just need to visit a coffee shop at a time that its not too busy so the ambience fits the visuals. When filming So Bar wasn't very busy, so the sound needs to match that.

Voice over
Jacobs dialogue is a bit quiet. I need to re-record it with a proper microphone. Also, if re-recorded I can do so with Jacob watching the film as he does it. This will ensure that the inner monologue fits the visuals perfectly.

Next week I will conduct my audience research. I will also start making the changes that I have outlined to my short film

No comments:

Post a Comment