About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Thursday 29 November 2012

It's about time: Feedback footage.

I have finally had time to edit the footage of my individual audience feedback! Here it is:



I found this really helpful as it gave me a chance to ask people what they thought without them being influenced by other peoples opinions.

My response to some of the comments:

Question 1: What do you think?


"I like the narrative of it" ..."I would prefer if it had a nice happy ending" - I'm glad the narrative comes through strongly. I was fully expectant for some people wanting a happy ending but that doesn't really fit with the parody genre, I waned to play with the unexpected. Also, it was a strong point of the story: If he hadn't of spent the time dreaming and rather acted upon it, he would have had that happy ending. 

"It plays with some of the rom-com cliché ideas" - I was very glad to hear that this audience member had recognised some of the clichés I was trying to parody. 



Question 2: Which was your favourite scene?


- The KFC scene 
- All of the dream sequence
- The movie scene
- The running/He falls over scene

I was surprised to see the movie scene come up in this question as I thought this was one of the much weaker scenes. This has given me cause to perhaps re-think as I was fairly certain this was a scene to remove. 



Question 3: Which scene/scenes do you think I should take out?

- Shorten the swinging round scene
- Shorten the running and the fall
- The car scene
- Shorten in the bar (coffee shop)

It was interesting that 50% changed the question and suggested shortening the scenes rather than removing any. This suggests that all of the scenes are worthy of keeping in, in their eyes. Furthermore it could signify that none of them were bad enough to warrant their removal. But, equally the weaker scenes may have just left no impression. 
I will not be removing the car scene. I think, especially the start when the couple are spinning, are really effective. I appreciate the feedback but on this (rare) occasion, will be ignoring it. 


Question 4: Would it make more sense to have the clips in chronological order?


- "I don't think so"
- "I don't necessarily think that as the audience I'm aware of if they're in chronological order or not"
- "Definitely"
- "I think I would like that"

A split opinion on this one. However I believe it does make more sense to place the dream sequence chronologically,  as if it is happening over the course of a day rather than in pieces  Plus, with the abruptness of the answers answering 'yes' it seems like something the audience would benefit from.



Question 5: When the male gets hit by the car, is it ok in slow motion or do you think it would be funnier if he got hit at full speed?


"You could do the thing where they do a fast thing and then they repeat it and do it slow" - I hadn't thought of this and I think I can visualise what she means. However, with my film already over the allotted 5 minutes I don't have the duration to really be adding in anything else. Plus, I think this gives the audience time to dwell on what has happened, taking away the shock factor. 

"experiment with it" - this wasn't such a helpful comment as I have experimented with it and i'm still not sure. Hence I was asking the audience. 

"It looks a bit odd with the rest of the film being in normal motion" - I think this point is probably down the that in particular persons preference. When the comment is thought about, on that logic slow motion would never be used unless an entire product was in slow motion. But I see what he means. Perhaps with more advanced software and visual effects it could work, but I don't have the facilities or skills to produce it. 

"I like the idea of fast and full speed because it's abrupt and you don't expect it" - I agree with this. I think I will speed up the footage as fast as is possible without if looking jumpy and disjointed. 



Question 6: Any other comments?

- Maybe put in harry's thoughts

This is a good idea. But I like the fact that there is no input from any other character; the entire film is from the first males point of view. 




This is nearly the conclusion of my audience feedback. I will be asking some more people for their opinion on what scene to remove to get a really clear idea of what the audience want to see. 




No comments:

Post a Comment