About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Film poster development

I was looking at my film poster yesterday and I'm not happy with it. I have changes the photo as suggested from some feedback as the previous one was of poor quality. I know I wanted a plain white background to mirror posters of pre-existing romantic comedies. But with the placement of pictures in it's current state it just doesn't looks very professional. So, I though I'd experiment with adding a background. But, being as the poster isn't in a location a background would be tricky to add. I needed something related to the narrative but the location wouldn't necessarily work. This is because a location photo would need to be of a location from the film. I no longer have access to the location of the coffee shop so it's not really an option. Instead, as a test I opted for some coffee beans as it relates to the location and the name of the film.

Here is what I tried:


Before
After

I'm not sure I like it. It looks very, very artificial and unprofessional. I don't think adding a background is the answer. I plan to change the position of the photo instead, perhaps so his head is half of the page. I think this is a problem only experimentation can solve.



No comments:

Post a Comment