About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Thursday 15 November 2012

Yet more editing - the to do list

At the end of my previous post I produced a list of what I needed to do next. It consisted of:

  1. Edit extra footage
  2. Sound and Music
  3. Titles and Credits
  4. Duration
I can proudly say that today I completed items 1 and 3. I have edited the extra scenes and added the titles & credits


Part of the dog scene in the program final cut. 
Action shot of a rather convincing Wii tennis match. 
The extra scenes I added today consist of the dog walking scene, the feeding the ducks scene and the Wii scene. I think the dog scene was most successful, it flows smoothly, looks genuine and most importantly, it's quite funny. The key to this in my opinion is the acting. They manner in which Jacob runs after the dog is brilliant he flails his arms and legs conveying a sense of hopelessness; he knows he's not going to catch this dog. Another key aspect to this scene was the co-operation of the dog. He's called Dylan an is a 2 1/3 year old Labradoodle. I knew he would be good on screen as he is very obedient an to no surprise did exactly as he was told. This could have been a tricky part of filming, for example he could have run off. But no such problems arose. 

The Wii scene however doesn't come across in the same way. It appears rushed and like an after thought. I say this because it only consists of three shots and also, as Jacob is hit in the final shot, Olivia breaks character. She doesn't do this to a notable degree but it is evident to me, and I think it will be to my peers as well  that she obviously made a mistake. For this reason I am sceptical of the scene. However to some one who doesn't study media they probably won't notice. It's only from the experience of filming someone might realise she looks beyond the camera. If my target audience like it, it seems rather counter intuitive to remove it. 







I have added in my Title and Credits. The main title "One Fine Coffee Break" is in the font Kenyan Coffee and placed over one of the earlier shots in my short film. 

To do this I used the program Live Type. I have used it in previous projects to add text to images. It is a simple program that I have confidence in using and didn't take me long to re-familiarise myself with it. After typing the title in the program the file is added to Final cut and placed over the desired shot.
The text is the top blue boxes over the video clip.

 I may change the placement of my titles in the near future depending on audience feedback. 

I also produced the credits to my film. They are the same as my example on the previous post. I have yet to add the 'jaunty tune'. 

What's next?

I now need to do the audio. For my first edit I am using the music and voice over from my animatic due to tome constraints. I need to change the timings in order for it to fit with the new visuals of my short film rather than the animatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment