About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Saturday 10 November 2012

Titles and credits

Unlike last years coursework project this short film features a narrative in its entirety.  The conventions of opening sequences are very clear cut but short film conventions are a bit more ambiguous  Take opening titles for example. Right back at the start of this project I did 5 textual analysis's of existing short films, the titles in these all had differences.  

Easy Reader - Just the film title
3x3 - Director followed by film title

Leeroy Jenkins - Director followed by contextual information. Lines appear after each other.
And then the title. 


The other two films, It's a Dogs Life and Trolleycide had no titles at the beginning.


As there is no set convention I can do which ever I like. I was planning to not have any titles at the start of my film but I may experiment using the program Live Type to create some over layed titles. This is something I will try, put into my first edit and then (depending on feedback) polish and perfect for my final edit. 

Similarly with credits I have a lot of freedom regarding both presentation and what to include. I don't think I have to include them at all if I don't want to. Last year we didn't need credits as there was no real ending (as it was an opening sequence it is presumed a feature length film would follow). I will try out some different layouts, fonts, sizes, timings etc. to see what works. My initial thought is to have really fast credits, each page on the screen for merely a second before moving on. This would be accompanied by a jaunty tune. Here is a (very) rough idea of what I will aim for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment