About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Saturday 6 October 2012

Actors

I haven't given any of my characters names, this was a concious decision rather than laziness. None of the characters are referred to by their names within the narrative. This is because all of the characters are strangers to each other. I like that is doesn't matter what their names are, it connotes that the situation featured could happen to anyone.

Jacob Barrel
Jacob will be playing the main character in my short film. I have chosen Jacob as my main actor for several reasons. Firstly he has the exact look I am aiming for in my character: sweet, likeable and generally a nice person. Jacob takes media at A2 and studied it last year and for GCSE so he understands what goes in to making a film. He is a very talented film maker and will be able to understand what I am trying to achieve when shooting. We have done some practices of the types of things he would need to do (i.e. fall over, certain facial expressions) and he can do them all brilliantly. On top of this, due to his media experience I know he won't let me down with filming as he understands the importance of this project. In the past I have had actors drop out at the last minute or plain forgot we had scheduled to film. His costume will consist of a checked shirt over a character t-shirt, showing he is both smart but casual.


Olivia Lewis
Olivia is playing the female love interest of Jacobs character. This is a big role, it relies solely on acting as no dialogue is used to help convey meaning. When I created this character I imagined Olivia portraying her and was overjoyed when she expressed interest in the project. Her image is perfect for the role, not typical she is beautifully unique. Her slightly ginger hair and long eyelashes will entice Jacobs character. Olivia is a very talented actress, studying drama at A level and GCSE means she has experience in the field. I watched her AS performance and was quite frankly blown away by her acting ability. She also studied media at GCSE and AS so, like Jacob, she understands the film making process and the importance of commitment to the film. I will pretty much leave the costume up to Olivia, I have explained the character to her and trust her completely. He usual style isn't at all far off what I want the character to dress like anyway.

Harry Boulter
Harry has a wide portfolio of past acting experience. I have seen him perform in several shows including Twelfth Night, his AS drama performance piece and a comedy murder mystery play. He has also starred in a short video I made in the past along with Olivia. He is a very talented actor and it's a shame his character has so little screen time. However I am sure he will make the part of the other male character his own. Him and Olivia have a good relationship on screen, this is important as they interact for such a short time on screen but it needs to look and feel like they are really getting along. Again Harry looks like the character I want to portray, similar to Jacob he looks like an everyday person. I have yet to decide on this characters costume. I want him to look similar to Jacobs character, so maybe a patterned shirt. It's important that the character appear similar, this highlights that Jacobs character had a chance with her, he was just to slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment