About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Story Boarding - Shots 76-91



My story board is finished! The final section of my story board is set back in the coffee shop, it ends my narrative and rather unconventionally introduces a new character. Usually characters that disrupt the story are built up and, as antagonists have more of a background. However I feel the background of this character isn't important. If there is any message in my film it is don't waste time, the point is that this random fellow has beaten the protagonist to the post because he was day dreaming. There is no struggle, no battle, just a realistic occurrence.

The remaining shots show what happens when he returns from the day dream.

The first shot mirrors the shot that transitioned into the day dream sequence, but now in reverse. The camera pans downwards as his eyes do the same. This symbolises the action returning from his imagination back into reality. He then proceeds to walk over to her, all the time the non diegetic voice over (his thoughts) is talking about their perfect relationship and how it amazing it will be.

Just as he approaches where she is sitting the second male character comes in and perches on her table, presumably flirting with her. The protagonist can't believe his eyes. A medium long shot from between the two shows the protagonists reaction, he exits to the left of the shot. He exits the coffee shop kicking a cup on the ground saying that he never really liked her anyway.

The last piece of dialogue could be taken in one of two ways. It's kind of a comment on the frivolity of his daydream and how it was just that: a daydream. It could also be interpreted as him kidding himself and trying to convince himself that he wasn't and isn't in love with her. I like the first interpretation more but it is down to the audiences personal interpretations.

What's next?
I need to now write the script. This will be given to my actors to prepare themselves for the roles and as a rough instruction to what they have to do. This will also be how I decide on the dialogue as I have not yet finalised my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment