About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Monday 1 October 2012

Some more questionnaire results

I previously stated my target audience for my short film consists of 16-25 year old and yet the only audience research I have conducted is from people aged 17-19. I need to ask the higher aged members to see what they think and ensure they belong in my target audience and I can appeal to them with my short film. Thus I have distributed a similar questionnaire to more people to ensure I cover all ages in my target audience. Most of the questions were answered with similar results.

The main question I need the feedback for to establish if my target audience needs changing is this:

What are your initial thoughts? Does this appeal to you?
People of a higher age were more split in their opinions. Comments ranged form really positive to incredibly negative. But as I stated in my earlier questionnaire post this is too sort out the people that are interested from those who aren't and maybe identify types of people and remove them from my target audience.

I had some really good comments :
"Yes, I love the twist at the end"
"Sounds like a cute story idea."
and
"It's a great idea debunking the ideal of living in an imaginary pie in the sky world portrayed in most movies and living in the present."

Equally some comments were less than encouraging:
"It really doesn't, it seems boring and I don't like the spoof idea."
"No."

Still, the majority of responses were positive. From this I can draw that, as more of my younger target audience were positive, the people with lower ages are more likely to enjoy my film. However, many of these responses were still positive, meaning that it does appeal to older people but those that like films of similar genres. I think this is a reasonable response and so will not be changing the age bracket. 


No comments:

Post a Comment