About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Filming: Equipment

I will be using several different pieces of equipment when filming to ensure my footage is of the highest quality possible for me to achieve.

Camera

I will be using my own video camera to capture the footage. It is a Sony Handycam. I have unlimited access to it and don't need to worry about returning it to anyone. Equally it doesn't matter as much if I scratch it or damage it in anyway (not that I plan to). I also have experience with this camera, I know how to work it (which is definitely a bonus). Unfortunately is doesn't record in high definition but overall it isn't a bad camera. 

Tripod 

My tripod is really basic but it serves its purpose. The tripod allows me to create steady shots with no unintentional camera movement. Similarly this will help me create smooth (intentional) movements during panning shots.  Nearly all of my fillming will be done using a tripod. The only exceptions are the spinning shots during which the actors will holding the camera to ensure it is tracked onto their faces whilst spinning. The other exception is during the tracking shot. Ideally I would to use a proper track for these shots but a major constraint on my film is budget and I can't afford such equipment. So, instead I will use my steadycam.  

Steadycam

I think this device is really clever. The one I will be using is a Lensse Steadycam. To use it I just screw the camera into place, similar to the foot that attaches to a tripod. The weight of the camera is counterbalanced by the weights on the bottom. The handle rotates freely at its join which allows the users hand to move but the camera stays still. I invested in this earlier in the year and it's proved to be excellent so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment