About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Thursday 4 October 2012

Music tests

I have been thinking about the type of music I am going to use for my short film. After taking the audience research questionnaires into consideration I have decided to only use music during the daydream segment of my film.

I want the soundtrack to be light and uplifting and after listening to lots of music for inspiration I stumbled across this on my iPod: Mr Blue Sky by the Electric Light Orchestra

In particular the start of the song before the lyrics kick in. I really like the upbeat rhythm and repetitive simplicity of the tune. I'm not going to include any lyrics to my music as this will prove too bigger task for me. This track, I can shut my eyes with it on in the background and imagine exactly how I want my film to be. It fits so well, it's a real shame I can't use it. I need to create something inspired by it. I plan to keep my music simple and I'll hopefully be able to create a score fitting to the visuals.

To do this I will be using Garage Band as I lack the ability to play any instruments myself. There is still a long while until the music needs to be ready but I have been doing some tests on the software and I'm pretty pleased with what I've produced.

Here is a piece of Heart and Soul by Frank Loesser I recreated using the Garage Band app. It took me a while but I am pleased with how it sounds:

I have started creating a track for my film, here is what I have so far.


It is by no means finished yet, just me playing on the software to familiarise myself with it. I think my music being composed on Garage Band is definitely a possibility. In the past I have just used pre-set tunes on Garage Band but using the instrument features is proving  a lot more pleasing to the ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment