About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Sunday 28 October 2012

Prop Preperation

During shots 67 - 80 the characters are at a train station. The guy uses signs to communicate with the girl from across the tracks. This is my take on the scene from Love Actually (2003, Richard Curtis). For this I need to make the signs for the main character to use.

The message will be split up into several parts so he can reveal it bit by bit. This way, what he is saying will be clear and it also add an element of humour. For example it builds a certain suspense when the audience and the girls is expecting a marriage proposal only to be asked for money.  I am referencing to him asking for money not only to get home, but a chocolate bar simply because he fancies one.

The signs will say...
Hello
I have a question
Would you
Make me
The happiest man alive...
Will you...
Lend me £6?
I need it for a taxi.
And maybe a Twix.

To make these I am simply using a cartridge paper sketch pad. This was the paper is thick and will keep flat in the pad so it doesn't get ruined.

 I originally planned to write the letters in lower case but after testing it I think that they look clearer in all upper case. To make sure it looked ok I wrote each sign with pencil then went over it with a thick black pen. That way each sign would be a good fit to the page.


And and an hour and a half later I'm done.
I should be filming this scene on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment