About Me

My photo
I'm a student that studies. Send money for food.

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Idea changes

I have decided to substitute one of my scenes. This, regretfully, is the soup scene. During shots 39-58 the two main characters spin around before the female character vomits on the male. My very lovely actors had agreed to this (amazingly) and I was starting testing fake vomit.


I set everything up, the plastic was in front of the camera to protect it, the first fake vomit batch was ready. This vomit took the form of Heinz farmers market seven vegetable soup. The time came. I spat the soup at the perspex sheet. It was disgusting and I will probably never eat vegetable soup again. I don't think I can ask my actors to do this. Not only that, it just didn't look very good. The footage was bad, it didn't look like I was sick, it looked like a spat soup all over the floor. For these reasons I will no longer be including this in my film.




Instead, the couple will still spin but the female will loosen her grip. The male will walk backwards into a road whilst trying to regain his balance (after all he would be rather dizzy after spinning). Just as he steps into the road he will be hit by a car. Don't panic, this effect will be created through the magic of cinema. Jacob will (probably) be unhurt by the 'stunt'. This shot will look much more effective than the soup idea would have. However it does give the films tone a rather dark turn, I think I would need to counteract this afterwards. For this reason I think the following shot will be Jacobs character standing up, his glasses askew as he brushes himself off. A slightly low angle shot from in side the car shows his reaction to being hit (he swears at the driver). This will conform to comedy conventions, few comedies have characters being mowed down by vehicles. Unless it is a cartoon, but as you may have noticed my film isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment